Swimming Pool Parties Rules & Regulations
Board Approval: November 17, 2018
- Large numbers of guest swimmers limit the availability of the pool for use by all Members.
- Pool capacity limits the number of swimmers who may enjoy it at any given time.
- Increased pool usage increases our expenditures for pool chemicals and cleaning beyond expected and budgeted amounts.
- "Authorized guests": those persons for whom the Member is willing to take personal responsibility as being members of the group who were invited to participate in the function.
- "Open invitation": any group invitation via email, texting, social media, or other oral / print general announcement.
Extending an invitation to use the pool to more than the maximum 8 guests per household is considered a Pool Party.
- Only Members may schedule Pool Parties.
- All Pool Parties must be scheduled and coordinated with the General Manager or designee. Time periods that the pool is available for parties and length of the party will be considered when determining scheduling and fees.
- Members who wish to obtain exclusive use of the pool during their party must pay an additional fee.
- Use of the pool for a Pool Party does not include use of the Fitness Center.
- Member must complete a Compliance and Hold Harmless Agreement, which includes pertinent information about scheduling, attendees, and associated fees.
- Members or their guests may not solicit open invitations to any Pool Party. (see definition above)
- All fees and deposits must be received in order to schedule the pool party.
- The Pool Party must end at the agreed upon time. Extension of the party may require additional charges.
- The Member must be present during the entire function or the security deposit will be forfeited.
The Alpine Pool is a private amenity. therefore, ADA compliance is modified. Management and Membership must avoid the appearance that our pool is open to the public.
- Members who are involved in community organizations and groups may invite participants of their organization to one (1) Pool Party per calendar year.
- Members or their guests may not solicit open invitations to the Party. (see definition)
- Members may not sell tickets or charge admission to individual guests in advance of, or at the time of the Pool Party.
Members and their guests swim at their own risk. Please secure all valuables and personal property. Alpine Lake Resort (ALPOA), its officers, and employees will not be responsible for any injuries or loss of property that may result from use
of these facilities.
- The Member is responsible for admitting only authorized guests.
- If the function is for guests under the age of 18, the Member shall have a minimum of one responsible adult (over the age of 18) for every 8 guests to monitor pool use and control group behavior. The swimming skill level and ability of guests to keep their faces above the water level should be considered when Members determine an appropriate number of adult monitors.
HEALTH AND CLEANLINESS
- The Member is responsible for sending all guests to the locker rooms to shower before swimming to help remove perspiration, body oil, cosmetics, etc. to keep those substances out of the pool.
- Food and beverages, other than water, are not permitted in the pool area.
- Cleanup of the pool facilities immediately after the party is the responsibility of the Member. Pool area must be returned to pre-party condition, with all furniture and equipment returned to their proper place.
- Pool users must maintain decorum and show respect for other pool users. Language must be appropriate to a family atmosphere.
- Prior approval must be obtained from management before using any audio devise without headphones/ear buds.
- Complaints due to excessive noise may necessitate termination of the function.
- All Rules and Regulations contained in the Pool Usage Rules and Regulations must be followed.
- Rules and Regulations are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Any changes to Rules and Regulations without notice will be review by the Board at their next scheduled Open Meeting.
Any person who fails to comply with specific instructions of Security Personnel on duty may be expelled from the pool area immediately.
Failure to follow the Pool Usage Rules and Regulations can result in a suspension of pool privileges for a minimum of thirty (30) days.